Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful.

What a great last few days it has been.  Incredible new friendships, new/old job, school is going well, not sure what else can go right!  God is blessing me in huge ways right now and it is sometimes hard not to get caught up in that and forget to thank Him.  I pray that I always remember this verse:

"I will bless the Lord at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1

To say that I am pumped about the next week and half is an understatement.  I get next week off of school for Thanksgiving break, and I cannot wait for that.  Special dates, seeing my brother and his wife, and food, lots and lots of food. It'll be great to relax despite working for most of it and having to start a paper. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  The food is amazing, I mean who doesn't love sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie cheesecake?  The time with family and abundance of football cannot be beat.  Also it means we can finally start setting up for Christmas! While it will be a great time with family it will be difficult being the first major holiday when our family is together without my grandmother, Ome, who passed away in February.  I miss her everyday, but I know that she is in heaven not dealing with her M.S. and actually being able to walk along side Jesus.

As you spend time with your family be thankful for your time with them and remember all that God has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment