Saturday, December 29, 2012

a new year.

     2012 was a good year, but I am glad to see it come to an end.  It brought about new friendships, traveling, cutting much-needed ties, ending of different chapters, and the beginning of new ones. Here are some of the highlights to my 2012:

  • Graduating from Baylor.
  • Knowing my sweet Ome is walking with Jesus right now after a 30 year battle with M.S.
  • Spontaneous roadtrips.
  • Spending the summer in Houston working at Tallowood Baptist Church.
  • Seeing two of my best friends, Layne and Dave, get married.
  • Traveling to Brazil, Seattle, and Boston.
  • Beginning my Masters degree at SWBTS.
While 2012 had some rough spots, I know that God guided me through each of these things.  He never left my side, not even once.  The road will never be easy, but what do I have to fear?

     As I look to the beginning of 2013 in just a few short days I wanted to set some goals for the year. I'll share a few of them with you. Some are serious, while others are anything but.

  • Read the Bible all the way through.
  • Continually focus on my school work.
  • Find time to read for pleasure.
  • Travel at least 1 time to a place I have never been.
  • Become more financially responsible.
  • Get my Starbucks Gold Card.
  • Attempt to work out on a somewhat consistent basis.
  • Blog more.
  • Practice piano without being forced to.
May you have a blessed end of your 2012 and a great start to 2013. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Good goals as well. The Gold Card is an awesome goal to attain, I'm very proud of mine. Good luck!
    -Danny Huizinga

    ReplyDelete